Πέμπτη 27 Ιουνίου 2013

Anarchist Kostas Sakkas on hunger strike since June 4

Kostas Sakkas, an imprisoned anarchist in Greece, is on hunger strike since the 4th of June 2013 fighting for his immediate release.

Hunger strike declaration by Kostas Sakkas, Koridallos prison, May 29th, 2013:

On the 4th of December 2010 I was captured along with the comrade Alexandros Mitroussias in the district of Nea Smyrni, Athens, while I was leaving a rented warehouse where arms were being stored.

Since the beginning, I have admitted my connection with this place as well as the weapons found there. I have stated, since the first moment, that I am an anarchist and that my presence in this specific place was related to my political identity and the choices I make as a consequence of this.

On the 7th of December 2010 they brought me before the head investigator and I got in pretrial detention on charges of participation in an unknown terrorist organization as well as aggravated possession of weapons.

On the 12th of April 2011, when I had already been in the prison of Nafplion for more than four months, I was called upon again by the investigators Baltas and Mokkas, and without any new evidence, nor even any new developments on the investigation, I was remanded for participating in the R.O. CCF. It was obvious that this was because the principal investigators realized that a case against an unknown organization that hasn’t any registered actions, doesn’t have any bombs, nor communiqués, that has not used guns, an organization without a name, couldn’t stand up in a courtroom.

Health condition


On the 11th of June 2013, a treating physician reported that clinically he has profound weakness, fatigue after minimal exertion (e.g. walking from his cell to the prisons infirmary), discomfort, mild dyspnea, dizziness, headache, abdominal pain, and he has lost 3.5kg of weight.

On the 13th of June 2013, Kostas Sakkas was brought to the Athens appeals court (on Loukareos street), where a council of appellate judges examined his objection against his prolonged pretrial incarceration for another 6 months.

On the 17th of June, Sakkas was transferred to Nikea General Hospital in the pathological clinic, because of the severity of his health condition.


Solidarity to all imprisoned comrades


Solidarity video: http://vimeo.com/68259228#at=0


More info (article in English): http://eagainst.com/articles/anarchist-kostas-sakkas-on-hunger-strike-since-june-4/


Solidarity actions (in English)http://en.contrainfo.espiv.net/?s=Kostas+Sakkas&submit.x=10&submit.y=16


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια :

Δημοσίευση σχολίου